Blenheim Palace was opened in 1772 and is the principal residence of the Dukes of Marlborough. It was the birthplace of Winston Churchill, and is the only non-episcopal house outside the royal estate to be titled a palace.
Campbell Smith secured the contract for the restoration of the North Portico ceiling which sits above the principal entrance to Blenheim Palace.
Due to years of water ingress the substrate and decorative finishes of the portico ceiling had been badly affected and were greatly deteriorated.
The agreed scheme was to restore where possible, or replace as necessary, the existing finishes which included the Eye Murals that were originally painted by Colin Gill in the 1930’s.