The Grade II* listed Wyndham’s Theatre was designed c. 1898 by W.G.R Sprague and opened by actor/manager Charles Wyndham in November 1899. The theatre was taken over by Delfont-Mackintosh Ltd in 2005.
Campbell Smith and Co were contracted to undertake the conservation and redecoration works within the theatre auditorium, following essential structural and strengthening works to the decorative plaster ceilings.
The highly decorative plasterwork and paintings to the main ceiling were carefully cleaned by our team of conservators. Structural interventions were retouched to match the existing historic schemes. The team also carefully cleaned the decorative elements of the proscenium arch, balcony and box fronts and all historic areas of gilding throughout the auditorium.
The new ceilings, produced by Ornate Plaster for the Stalls, Royal Circle and Balcony, were redecorated and retouched where necessary by Campbell Smith’s team of specialist decorators. Bespoke shades of bronze and gold were hand mixed by the team to match the historic decorative schemes.